Thursday, February 14, 2013

Why i dnt like my University.. :/

Im currently studyin' Engineering and im already in my II semester & i really hate the system they use at our University.

1. Everything is exam-oriented! They are not preparing us for the job world but rather only on how to pass the exams! Everytime the teacher would explain some stuff in class, eventually he would need to say: "Ok, so this part carries 5 marks for exams" and bla bla bla... :/ 

This really sucks cos wat's the use of having an Engineering Degree if you don't even know how the job world really is! 

Engineering Fact

The only thing you type on your Final Year Engineering Project is your name, roll number & group number...

Everything else is: CTRL+C and CTRL+V

2. The teachers would only stick to what is there in the syllabus and would not bother to tell us about the applications where we would use these stuffs in real life!

There's no such thing as innovation, but we needa stufy only exam-related materials...

Engineering Fact

I study... I rake the test!
I pass it...
I forget what I learned...
I start a new Semester!...

3. Personally, for my I-Semester exams, you could just have answered some previous years questionnaires and sit for the exams! 

The questions are merely a repetition of previous years ones.. Sooo, are the students really learning something or they are just learning the answers by heart? 

Engineering Fact

Exams don't test what you know. They test how well you can study the night before the test.

6 comments: